Eating out and buying food locally
- The Isle of Arran Distillery: Visit the Casks café, art gallery and shop.
- The independently run Stags Pavilion Restaurant adjacent to the campsite is open for evening meals, Thursday to Sunday. It is essential to book at least two months before your visit due to the restaurant’s small capacity and enormous popularity: 01770 830600
- The Sandwich Station at the pier is open early (March to September), offering hot drinks and sandwiches made with locally baked bread and local produce. It is 20 minutes' walk from the campsite.
- Lochranza Country Inn, formerly Lochranza Hotel, has been purchased by the community and is open with a fully licensed bar and bar meals. It occupies a beautiful seafront villa in the village centre.
- Pirnmill Village Stores is 7 miles west, on the bus route. As well as a variety of local produce, the shop sells wine and beer and the daily papers. Open daily and 12-4 pm Sundays.
- The Lighthouse Restaurant in Pirnmill offers delicious home-cooked lunches and evening meals, with dreamy vistas over the Kilbrannan Sound. It is closed on Mondays. Tel: 01770 850240.
- Woodside Farm in Kildonan has a farm produce vending machine near the big Coop supermarket on the seafront in Brodick. They sell delicious eggs, as well as root vegetables and leafy greens.
- For Arran Produce, visit Taste of Arran.